We are international students who are planning to graduate in May 2012.

In order to do so, we need to take either ESL 160 or ESL 199 in the summer so that we can take English 100 to graduate.

Native speakers of English are given the opportunity to take English 99, which is equivalent to ESL 199.

The Dean of Literature and Languages, Michael Mandelkern, said in the Coast Report that they are offering these classes for transfer and for graduation.

We need ESL 160 and ESL 199 to both graduate and transfer by May 2012.

International students are here on a student visa and need to complete their classes before their visa expires.

We hope that ESL 160 and ESL 199 are offered in the summer.

Hazal Taskiran

Kaori Asoshina

OCC students

(Attached were 153 signatures from Orange Coast College students. Administration has confirmed that one section of ESL 160 has been added since the petition was circulated.)

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.